The Department of Parks & Recreation is responsible for the support and maintenance of parks in the City including all properties consisting of public facilities, playground areas, parks, all purpose fields, and buildings within the City boundaries. Additionally, the Department oversees youth programs, park maintenance, and assists in construction management for various Capital Improvement Projects affecting the City’s infrastructure.
In the vibrant and growing City of West Park the Parks & Recreation Department strives to deliver excellence every day. Rain or shine, the crews are ever present, getting the job done. This big idea/small town approach continues to exemplify the best of the City of West Park as a true city of positive progression.
- Create and stabilize positive environment.
- Produce safe and enjoyable parks in our community.
- Maintain all park facilities and recreation areas.
- Facilitate year-round youth sports.
- Summer & after school programming.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons visiting our parks.
- Schedule parties and events for the assembly hall.
- Assist with larger citywide events.
- Prepare, manage, and implement the City’s Capital Improvement Plan.