Stephen David was hired as Community & Economic Development Director
on January 8, 2018. Mr. David has extensive experience in the area of
community and economic development and urban and regional planning. He
has served as Community Redevelopment Agency Director for the City of
South Miami. Mr. David was also employed by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s
Community Redevelopment Agency and by the Town of Lantana’s Planning &
Mr. David holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from Spring
Garden College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a Master of Science degree
in Urban & Regional Planning from Florida State University in Tallahassee,
Florida. Mr. David is also a member of the Florida Chapter and National
Chapter of the American Planning Association and well as being a member of
the Florida Redevelopment Association. His duties are as follows:
- Directs and/or assists in the overall planning, development, and
administration of community and economic development programs for
the assigned area of responsibility.
Plans, directs, and evaluates public relations activities designed to
promote and create awareness of programs, services, and/or financial
- Negotiates or administers contracts, grants, and cooperative
agreements with federal, state, local, community, and private business
organizations; functions as liaison and/or representative for the
assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversee a variety of activities designed to create and retain jobs
through the development, analysis, promotion, and support of
economic and/or community development programs.
- Identifies, attracts, and assists investors and businesses to locate in
- Provides technical assistance and serves as an advocate for businesses
and communities to identify and resolve economic development
- Identifies, develops, and/or supports target industries and existing
businesses and provides marketing programs, technology transfer
data, financial resources, etc., for those businesses.
- Meets with business representatives and community officials to
determine overall growth and development needs and goals, and to
develop and support activities, programs, and plans.
- Researches and analyzes economic development issues including
legislation, policies, annual reports, and correspondence and prepares
responses to information requests from the public and private sectors.