The Finance Department performs the following functions:
- Payment of all City bills in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Collection and recording of all revenues.
- Undertake appropriate investment opportunities per the City’s adopted investment policy.
- Cash management and cash flow control.
- Perform purchasing functions.
- Assist City Manager in preparation of the annual budget.
- Coordinate annual financial audit.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for City Commission, Administrator, department heads and residents.
- Ensure timely payment of all City obligations and proper fund accounting.
- Payroll processing and administration.
- Provide risk management, to include preparation of a Risk Management policy; review, recommend and purchase all insurance types on behalf of the City; process and assist in the investigation of insurance claims; ensure that the City maintains proper insurance coverage.
To view the full Proposed Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget book, you may pick up a printed copy at:
City Hall, 1965 South State Road 7, West Park, from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.